Each of these tender, golden brown packages holds a savoury surprise – a luscious mixture of spinach, mushrooms and tangy feta.
NOTE: Use your professional judgement when resizing recipes. Seasoning, cooking times, etc, may require adjustment.
|1. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Spray thirty muffin cups with cooking spray.
2. In a large saucepan, reconstitute Campbell’s® Classic Cream of Mushroom Soup with milk according to package directions, whisking until smooth. Set aside.
|3. Working over colander, squeeze spinach until all moisture has been removed. Set aside.|
|4. Heat oil in an extra large skillet set over medium-high heat. Sauté mushrooms for 6 to 8 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from heat and set aside.|
|5. Mix together spinach, feta, green onions, parsley, garlic, sautéed mushrooms and 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) reconstituted soup. Season with salt and pepper.|
|6. Place sheets of pastry on floured work surface; cut each sheet into 6 squares.
7. Place one square of pastry into each prepared muffin cup, pressing pastry against the side of the cup and letting excess hang over edge. Spoon 1/4 cup (60 mL) spinach mixture into each cup. Fold corners of pastry over the filling, pinching them together in the centre.
|8. Beat eggs with 3 tbsp (45 mL) water. Brush pastry with egg wash.
9. Bake in preheated oven about 20 to 25 minutes, or until pastry is golden and puffed. Run a sharp knife between each puff and muffin cup.
10. Meanwhile, heat remaining reconstituted Campbell’s® Signature Cream of Mushroom Soup in a saucepan set over medium heat.
11. Pour 1/3 cup (75 mL) soup onto each plate. Top with 1 Spinach and Mushroom Puff per plate. Serve immediately.