Neapolitan Market: Evoking the rich colours and fragrances of a market in Naples, this tomato broth with vegetables, pearl barley and Italian herbs is further enhanced by grilled Portobello mushrooms on a toasted rye bread.
NOTE: Use your professional judgement when resizing recipes. Seasoning, cooking times, etc, may require adjustment.
- Assemble sandwich by layering the sliced roast beef, mushrooms.
- Grill portabello mushrooms and then slice into strips.
- Grill sandwich until cheese is melted.
- Prepare balsamic glaze & carmelized onions in advance. Three cups of aged balsamic vinegar cooked over low heat in a heavy saucepan for 2 to 2.5 hours will yield ¾ of a cup of glaze. Sauté onions in oil, add in glaze and set aside.
- Prepare Soup according to product instructions
- Top with onion mixture and shredded cheddar.