NOTE: Use your professional judgement when resizing recipes. Seasoning, cooking times, etc, may require adjustment.
|1. In a large sauté pan, coat pan generously with corn or vegetable oil, (1/8 inch), heat on medium high to high. When the oil is quite hot, add the tortillas, fry until golden brown. Remove tortillas to a paper towel lined plate to soak up excess oil. Sprinkle a little salt on the tortillas. Wipe pan clean of any browned bits of tortillas.
2. Add 2 tbsp. of oil to pan, bring to high heat. Add the Pace and let cook for several minutes. Then add the fried tortilla quarters to the salsa. Gently turn over the pieces of tortilla until they are all well coated with salsa. Let cook for a few minutes more. Then remove from the heat.
3. Combine eggs, cream cheese in a bowl. Scramble egg mixture until just firm.
4. Combine tortilla mixture and egg mixture in a layering method, starting and ending with tortillas.
5. Top with red onions, cilantro and avocado. Serve immediately.
* It will help with the frying if your tortillas are a little dry. If they are fresh, cut them first, put them in a warm oven for a few minutes first to dry them out slightly, then proceed.
- Diced potatoes sautéed in oil with salt and pepper.
- Kidney beans cooked and then blended with onion.
- Warmed and served in a half or triangle.