* Can also use Campbell’s® Condensed Reduced Sodium Tomato Soup, 12 x 1.36 L (48 oz), code #18987
Serving & Size
7.5 oz/212.6 g
NOTE: Use your professional judgement when resizing recipes. Seasoning, cooking times, etc, may require adjustment.
This classic Italian dish never goes out of style. It’s a vegetarian dish that’s hearty, rich and delicious.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat g
Saturated Fat g
Total Carbohydrate mg
Dietary Fiber g
Vitamin A %
Vitamin C %
Estimate your profit
Profit Per Serving
Enter the cost of the soup and any garnishing costs to get the cost per bowl of soup.
Profit Per Meal
Enter the selling price per bowl and your profit for each bowl is calculated based on Step 1.
Profit Per Day
Enter the number of bowls you typically serve each day and how many days per week you are open (or serve this soup). Profits will be calculated using your numbers from Steps 1 and 2.
For example only. Your financial results may vary. Financial examples are in no way a prediction of, or guarantee of, sales performance.
Ingredients & Instructions
4 Eggplants, cut into ½ inch/1 cm slices – ~16 slices per eggplant
1. In large bowl, toss eggplant slices with salt. Let stand for 10 to 15 minutes. Rinse and pat dry.
Italian Seasoning, dried and divided
Olive Oil, divided
2. In medium bowl, whisk together flour, 1 tbsp (15 mL) Italian seasoning and black pepper. In another medium bowl, whisk together eggs. In another medium bowl, whisk together breadcrumbs and remaining Italian seasoning. Dredge eggplant slices in flour mixture, dip in eggs and then coat in breadcrumbs mixture, pressing to adhere.
3. In large skillet set over medium-high heat, in batches to avoid crowding, add 1/4 cup (60 mL) oil and pan-fry 8 eggplant slices, turning once, for 6 to 10 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. Transfer to paper towel–lined baking sheet. Repeat seven more times.
4. Meanwhile, in large saucepan set over medium heat, add oil. Add garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 to 2 minutes or until fragrant. Stir in tomato paste. Cook for 1 minute. Stir in condensed tomato soup and oregano; bring to a boil. Stir until smooth. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook at a simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes or until flavours are married and sauce is heated through. Season with pepper. Stir in three-quarters of the basil.
Low-Fat Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
Parmesan cheese, grated and divided
5. In medium bowl, combine ricotta, mozzarella and 3/4 cup (175 mL) Parmesan.
6. Spread 1 cup (250 mL) tomato sauce in bottom of 4-inch-deep (10 cm) half-size hotel pan.
7. Layer 16 eggplant slices over top. Spoon 1/2 cup (125 mL) ricotta mixture over top. Repeat layers 3 more times.
8. Bake in 400F (200C) oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until eggplant is tender, casserole is golden brown and bubbling, and internal temperature of 165F (74C) or higher is held for 15 seconds.
CCP: Hold hot at 140F (60C) or higher for serving.
To Serve: Garnish with remaining basil over top before serving.
&bull:Substitute regular breadcrumbs for the panko breadcrumbs if preferred.
&bull:Use thawed frozen breaded eggplant cutlets if desired
Recipes You May Also Like
Beans flavoured with Pace® Mild Chunky Salsa and V8® Vegetable…